Monday, February 2, 2009

Assignment 1- Ringtones

So these are my two ringtones. The first one is a sample of throwing about 10 ping pong balls down a staircase in some sort of rhythm. I think the sound ended up being pretty sweet so I figured it would be useful as my first raw sample.

The second was a lot more fun to work with. I used a sample sound of beer cans being dropped off a table of which I took what I though was the best 4-5 second segment. I used this segment to create my second ringtone. I started with a fade in using an s curve and then started reversing which I though gave a pretty cool sound. I used a lot of cutting and pasting of what I though was the most interesting sounds in the sample. I also experimented quite a bit with changing the gain, increasing tempo in parts, normalizing parts of the sample as well as using silence in the middle of my ringonte. I then repeated the pattern and finished with a simple fade out. Anyway here are the samples, hope they're not too hard on the ears.

Ringtone 1- http://www.easy-share.com/1903483279/conor.dooney-ringtone 1.mp3

Ringtone 2- http://www.easy-share.com/1903478096/conor.doooney-ringtone 2.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment